The Jesus Bling
Wendy Pope

“When Moses came down from Mount Sinai with the two tablets of the Testimony in his hands, he was not aware that his face was radiant because he had spoken with the LORD." Exodus 34:29 (NIV)

If you have been a member of our Proverbs 31 family for any number of years, you have probably noticed some changes. Many things have changed: our devotions, our magazine, our team and staff members, as well as our colors and logo.

The changes I am talking about are what I refer to as the "what not to wear" change. A few years ago Shari Braendel joined our team. With her special gifts of grace, love, and humor, she begin to slowly teach us "what not to wear" by educating us on what looks good and what does not look good on us as individuals. Shari is a breath of fresh air and I have grown to love her very much. Her workshops teach women that beauty comes from the inside and that it is ok to "decorate" the outside.

After being around Shari, I have developed a love for "bling." “Bling” is a relatively new word added to the Oxford Dictionary in 2003 and it refers to jewelry. Apparently my love for bling shows as recently a friend gave me a bracelet she made for me. It is a witnessing bracelet. The colors of the delicate stones recite Psalm 23. I squealed with delight when I opened the box and immediately put the bracelet on my wrist.

As I showed my husband the bracelet, I recited the Psalm, pointing to each stone. He complimented the bracelet then walked out of the room, only to return quickly and say, "You love your bling, don't you? But Jesus is your bling." I agreed, with both statements and laughed out loud at the possibility of the phrase being the subject of a devotion that I would write.

The Lord took my thoughts straight to Moses and his face as he came down from Mount Sinai after meeting with the LORD. I pondered the question, "Does my face radiate Jesus? Do those who see me know that I have met with the Lord?" How about you? Are you wearing the "Jesus bling?" Can others see a difference in you - the Jesus difference? Ask God how you can shine brighter for Him today. The simple truth is this phrase I borrow from my friend Lysa, "Others will not want to know about your Jesus until they see the reality of your Jesus in your life."

Dear Lord, Help me to gladly put on a garment of praise today. I want the desire of my heart to be making You famous. I desire to boldly and unashamedly proclaim Your glorious name in all that I say, think, and do. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

Related Resources:
Do you know Him?

Beautiful in God's Eyes, The Treasure of the Proverbs 31 Woman by Elizabeth George

Reinventing Your Rainbow
by Tracie Miles

Application Steps:
Set your alarm clock 15 minutes before you normally get up. Spend that extra time for the next 21 days with the Lord before you go to work. When others ask about the change in you, tell them about Jesus.

Reflections:
Do you reflect the countenance of Christ?

What have others learned about Jesus by looking at you?

What is God whispering to your spirit now about the meaning of today's devotion?

Is the King my bling?

Power Verses:
Psalm 40:4a, "Blessed (happy, fortunate, to be envied) is the man who makes the Lord his refuge and trust." (AMP)

Psalm 42:11, "Why are you in despair, O my soul? And why have you become disturbed within me? Hope in God, for I shall yet praise Him, the help of my countenance and my God. (NASB)

Psalm 89:15, "How blessed are the people who know the joyful sound! O LORD, they walk in the light of Your countenance." (NASB)

Labels: , ,



6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE THIS ONE! We all need the "Jesus Bling" in our lives. Can you just imagine how Moses must have felt after speaking with God. I guess the question should be how do I feel after speaking with God? Am I always asking God for something? complaining about something? Do I ever just sit and thank God what he has done, is doing, or is going to do? Or just sit and let God talk to me? I need to focus more on my "Jesus Bling"

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want my heart soul and being to reflect God's grace.

Dear God,
Thank you that my beauty comes from you and you are the giver of grace, love and mercy. Be with my son today as he is not feeling good. give me wisdom on how to make him comfortable. Give me patience with Grace today. Help me to reflectyour love to the people i meet today. Thank you for being my bling.
amen

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen! :)

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing "The Jesus Bling" :) The Bling is yours and mine :D

Blogger Janna said...

Wow! This devotion was GREAT! I own a small home based jewelry business so I am "all into" the bling. The Jesus Bling really resonanted in my heart today. We should fully display His bling each and every day, it should be the first thing we put on each morning BEFORE we even get out of bed. Praise Him!!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our entire Psalm 23 Jewelry Collection www.Psalm23Jewelry.com is designed to become timeless
and personal reminders of the comfort, hope, courage, faith, love and inspiration of
the 23rd Psalm. These beautiful pieces can help
make this powerful Bible passage part of your daily life, or for someone you love.

Each crystal and bead have been thoughtfully and prayerfully selected to relate to
passages from the 23rd Psalm.

We hope that each time you wear our jewelry, you'll reflect on God's
eternal Word and the hope it provides.

Laura Kramer states, "People often share their stories of how God is using our jewelry to provide hope, healing and blessings in numerous ways far beyond what we had ever anticipated. Their stories include the loss of a loved one, breast or ovarian cancer, military and armed forces personnel, depression, drug addiction and grief. The list continues to grow, both within the United States and around the world."
With each jewelry piece we include the Message of Hope CD that includes the message series Pastor Fraser gave, we hope it will inspire you and help you in your own spiritual growth. I also share a little bit of my story on the CD as well. Laura K Designs donates a portion of the proceeds back to ministries within Cucamonga Christian Fellowship reserved to help sponsor counseling and other Pastoral Care ministries.


The inspirational and original Psalm 23 Bracelet is composed of coordinating Swarovski ® crystals and
sterling silver pieces including a cross charm and prayer box charm that
opens to fit a tiny prayer inside.
An optional Star of David charm may be substituted or added.
This design is approximately 71/2" in length and is finished with a toggle clasp.
Our extended toggle clasp has 3 loops to choose from
for a customized fit that may extend to approximately 8".

Click here to view variations, sizes and special editions




Our Psalm 23 Jewelry Collection pieces arrive in a specially designed beautiful gift box accompanied by
a printed copy of the 23rd Psalm
and an inspirational compact disc CD, featuring a message of meaning
and hope drawn from one of the most familiar
and beloved passages of scripture, the 23rd Psalm.

This message, presented by Pastor Fraser Venter
of Cucamonga Christian Fellowship in Rancho Cucamonga, California,
served as the inspiration for your Psalm 23 Bracelet.

You'll also hear the touching personal testimony of the jewelry designer, Laura Krämer.

Click to learn more about Psalm 23 Jewelry designer, Laura Krämer.

Post a Comment

Home

Site Search
Recent Devotions
Articles About...
Archives
Grab our button!
Links
Credits